Lurkers must sign up now to visit our additional forums. Please register today and enjoy our endless banter. Instant access as of March 2019!

Star Wars NWN - Under Development! (screenies)

Yes! You got that correct... Star Wars NWN? Find all of our current events and topics for this epic undertaking right here!

Moderators: Cole, Stik

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Knight
Knight

Star Wars NWN - Under Development! (screenies)

Post#1 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:36 pm

Hey all!

So, I thought I'd post my latest and perhaps oldest project for all to see. I've been working on this project for over 10 years, but it was pushed aside for other projects etc... yet mainly left to waste due to NWN's lack of loading files properly into the engine. However with the NWN:EE ... this issue has been resolved! :) I can now proceed with this project and have made some huge headway over the last 2 weeks. Thought I would post some screen shots for all to see (and hopefully get excited about).

This is no small task though, it will take months to get something up and running online, however I would like some folks to volunteer as beta testers as that's gonna be a huge part in getting this ship off the ground. ;)

The core files were all rounded up, compiled into custom haks and then added to a base module. The system will be using the D20 modern core, with many addon haks developed by the "Starwars LOR" team and myself. I will update this post with more screenies as I see fit. Enjoy!
Attachments
swnwn3.jpg
swnwn3.jpg (94.5 KiB) Viewed 2850 times
swnwn2.jpg
swnwn2.jpg (126.21 KiB) Viewed 2850 times
swnwn1.jpg
swnwn1.jpg (184.33 KiB) Viewed 2850 times
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Knight
Knight

Re: Star Wars NWN - Under Development! (screenies)

Post#2 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:59 pm

Here is the new GUI I made for Starwars NWN. No see through backgrounds all new Icons etc. Will see if I can change the font to soon ;)
Attachments
swnwn4.jpg
New GUI Conversion
swnwn4.jpg (147.82 KiB) Viewed 2845 times

JadedDM
Merchant
Merchant

Post#3 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:43 pm

This is something else. I didn't know you could even do something like this with NWN.

JadedDM
Merchant
Merchant

Post#4 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:03 am

By the way, I got a PM from Thanatos saying this forum is unable to be seen by him.

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Knight
Knight

Post#5 » Sat May 04, 2019 11:51 am

JadedDM wrote:This is something else. I didn't know you could even do something like this with NWN.

Yeah, as long as the tilesets exist, I can pretty much mimic any type of setting I like. The Aurora engine is somewhat limited, but usually it's only by ones imagination. The starwars idea has been around for at least 10 years now as it's the perfect engine to build stories and a solid foundation of players to push the story along. This is however driven heavily on "HAK PAKS" without them, nothing would resemble star wars at all.

Thanks for NWN:EE we now have the ability to load haks on load, make characters on the vault directly and a few other super important things us module builders couldn't do with standard NWN 1.69

Can have force powers now to easily thanks to custom feats ;)

ThanatosTheLoonie
Peasant
Peasant

Post#6 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:44 pm

JadedDM wrote:By the way, I got a PM from Thanatos saying this forum is unable to be seen by him.

All good now! :D

Crimson-Kobold
Peddler
Peddler

Post#7 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:59 pm

JadedDM wrote:This is something else. I didn't know you could even do something like this with NWN.

I remember reading a transcript of a XCOM RP that someone ran in NWN years ago. Where there's a will, there's a way, lol.
The Kobold gonna kobold.