Custom Class - The Obsidian - NEED FEEDBACK

The newest rendition of the popular Dungeons & Dragons rule set. Discuss anything and everything related to 5E Dungeons and Dragons here. AKA D&D.

Custom Class - The Obsidian - NEED FEEDBACK

Postby TigerStripedDog » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:43 pm

So full disclosure - this custom class probably is NOT balanced well by the PHB. And there is a reason for it. This campaign world (Arcannan) is one that I have had both 2E and 5E characters in. As one can imagine, this creates some odd inconsistencies. I HATE inconsistencies. So I have worked to try and get all of the 2E characters ported over. Some players have been excited about this, and others reluctant - which is understandable. Most recently, I had a fighter/wizard multiclass character port over to become an Eldritch Knight. Unfortunately, we both realized, it didn't quite match up. In an attempt to keep things equitable for the character, without having to homebrew things as we go, I tried to create a custom class using the Homebrew website - that we could follow going forward.

Let me know what your thoughts are - specifically regarding flavor, balance, fun-factor, and image. Thanks!

Tiger
*unreadable scribble*
TigerStripedDog
Merchant
Merchant

Favorite D&D Edition: 5th Edition

Re: Custom Class - The Obsidian - NEED FEEDBACK

Postby TigerStripedDog » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:52 pm

Halaster, I even gave you a special mention in there :D Mostly because I know how much you love 5th edition :lol:

Tiger
*unreadable scribble*
TigerStripedDog
Merchant
Merchant

Postby RPG Dinosaur » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:59 pm

You know I'm not a 5e participant either, but I think you nailed the image and many of the features are appropriate, and attractive to a player. I especially like the Arcane Strike.
_Matt_
RPG Dinosaur
Peddler
Peddler

Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition, with some 2nd

Postby BryantTheSwordsman » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:50 pm

Pretty fun looking class. I would definitely try it. It kinda reminds me of an asha'man from Wheel of Time series too. Which is a bonus for me.
RRRRRRHHHHIIIIIIINNNNNOOOSSSSS! Our enemies hide in METAL BAWKSES!
BryantTheSwordsman
Freeman
Freeman

Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Postby TigerStripedDog » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:20 pm

Thanks Bryant! That was exactly the image I was trying to evoke. The image I used was, in fact, a Deviant-Art drawing of Logain. I should have credited the artist, but I couldn't find the original. The double breasted jacket, being bred for battle, and the sort of grim outlook on the future was all a part of that.

Tiger
*unreadable scribble*
TigerStripedDog
Merchant
Merchant

Postby BryantTheSwordsman » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:43 pm

I did find a homemade 5th edition Wheel of Time conversion on the Internet pretty easily. Highly recommend it. A lot of inspiration in it for conversions into your games. I'm trying to convince a GM of mine to let me use the rules to play an Aiel.
RRRRRRHHHHIIIIIIINNNNNOOOSSSSS! Our enemies hide in METAL BAWKSES!
BryantTheSwordsman
Freeman
Freeman

Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Return to 5th Edition