What's Your Favorite Class?

The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game is an evolution of the D&D 3.5 rules set. Please post all topic related to 3.5e or Pathfinder under this forum.

Moderator: loaba

What's Your Favorite Class?

Postby loaba » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:33 am

For me, even in Path, my favorite class will always be the good 'ol Fighter. I absolutely love the Armor Training Ability. Rocking Plate Armor AND taking advantage of a high DEX just gives me the warm fuzzies.

A close second would be the Magus from Ultimate Magic.

How 'bout you?
loaba
Peasant
Peasant

Postby BryantTheSwordsman » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:38 am

I love rangers. Loved them in ODnD, 1st, and 2nd. Absolutely hated them in 3.0/3.5
I feel like they were nerfed too much. Thank god for Pathfinder though. Redeem the good ol' ranger.

Unfortunately for the ranger, they are only my second favorite. My favorite class has to be the cavalier. I love the nostalgia of the knightly character.
RRRRRRHHHHIIIIIIINNNNNOOOSSSSS! Our enemies hide in METAL BAWKSES!
BryantTheSwordsman
Freeman
Freeman

Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Postby loaba » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:43 am

IN my current campaign (Kingmaker), we have a Cavie and he's just about awesome... every other turn. :lol:

I'm currently playing a Ranger and I've kind of hit a wall in terms of hittability and damage. If you don't top-load DEX from the start, it's even more of a problem. Despite all that, between levels 4-11, Turin (the Ranger in question) ruled the roost. Definitely the most consistent damage-dealer, until the Alchemist rolled in that is.
loaba
Peasant
Peasant

Postby BryantTheSwordsman » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:53 am

Sounds like your cavalier needs Ride-by attack feat. Carefully done, he should be able to charge every turn. The alchemist is quite deadly, I will give you that, but they have a pitfall in the fact they are expensive class to keep them effective, needing to constantly devote themselves to their bombs and mutagens.
BryantTheSwordsman
Freeman
Freeman

Postby loaba » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:06 am

Let's see, is Ride-By a melee attack on horseback? I needs be, I can look in the CRB (but that would go against my inherently lazy sensibility.) If so, then that's why the Cavie hasn't take it or doesn't utilize if he has. He's a real lance-prime kinda guy. He likes to ride around and lance-a-lot...
loaba
Peasant
Peasant

Postby BryantTheSwordsman » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:13 am

Ride by attack allows him to keep moving after a charge attack. Allowing him basically to move out of the bad guys reach and get ready for a charge next round.
BryantTheSwordsman
Freeman
Freeman

Postby loaba » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:26 am

BryantTheSwordsman wrote:Ride by attack allows him to keep moving after a charge attack. Allowing him basically to move out of the bad guys reach and get ready for a charge next round.

- Okay, then yeah, he uses that regularly. Still, it just kinda seems like he doesn't quite get 1/1 ratio on attacks per round. I'm sure it's more like 2/3. In the end, when he does hit, it's pretty devastating.
loaba
Peasant
Peasant

Postby Wizard_of_Wumbo » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:29 pm

I tend to love the good ol' Rogue, just for being the utilitarian vague skill-horse that can fit basically any non-magical character concept..it's like the "Standard Adventurer Class" in my eyes. Beyond that, I have a connection to the Sorcerer. Their impressive list of off the cuff spells paired with powerful bloodline abilities makes them one of the most well put together classes in Pathfinder..to me..anyway.

Also, this bloodline for Sorcerers..kind of makes me chuckle.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-cl ... d/anarchic

Punk rock.
Wizard_of_Wumbo
Freeman
Freeman

Postby eliana » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:35 pm

I love the Magus... and also the Sorceress... both classes get to me!

Éli,
Raised into Darkness, Awaken by Evil.
eliana
Vagabond
Vagabond

Favorite D&D Edition: 3rd Edition

Re: What's Your Favorite Class?

Postby Brightmantle » Wed May 07, 2014 10:24 am

I haven't played all the PF classes as of yet. I will say thus far I like the Cleric. Of the classes I have played it's my favorite.
There is so little activity on this portion of the site so far. Is anyone playing Pathfinder out there in PAD&D land?
A king without a sword, the land without a king!
Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier

Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Postby eliana » Thu May 08, 2014 5:54 pm

Before I knew LotR and my first character ever...

Definitely RANGER(AD&D)... later 3.5 Sorceress, Necromancer, FIghter...

Éli,
eliana
Vagabond
Vagabond

Postby eliana » Thu May 29, 2014 3:39 pm

How can a thread can be seen 2600+ times and get a ridiculous 10 replies in participation... :?
Some members need to raise their interest. :charge
Please sharpen your scribing skill and start dipping your digital feather in electronic ink :pos:

Wake up.. one day the only form of interactions left will be poking stupidities on Facebook :poke:

Éli,
:think:
eliana
Vagabond
Vagabond

Postby kalidor » Fri May 30, 2014 7:33 pm

low level would be any kind of fighter. i do like playing the cavalier - i get to charge at the toughest foe every encounter.

but i have to admit playing a high level mage is just too fun, soooooo much possibilities. mine is evil so i dont have to follow any leader or lawful characters. claiming treasure is fun when no one else tries to intervene.
kalidor
Vagabond
Vagabond

Postby grasshoper » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:48 pm

I love sorcerer because of its intense magical power. I was also able to use paladin and certainly it is quite good.

Peasant

Return to Pathfinder