Lurkers must sign up now to visit our additional forums. Please register today and enjoy our endless banter.

OT - Valentine's woes..

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

User avatar
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet
Posts: 1811
Contact:

OT - Valentine's woes..

Post#1 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:33 pm

Wow.. Just got done reading a long rant by one of my former comrades, who's still active duty. Over the past 10 years, he's been deployed 7 times over the valentines period, and his new wife (of 5 years) is also getting irked about it.. Strangely though, SHE feels its OK for a woman to miss a man's birthday/important day but hell will freeze over before the wife/gf/SO, is ever ok with a man missing valentines..

Over the years, i have heard similar stories, and even worse..
Which makes me scratch my head. Why is ok for her to miss an important day of his, even for silly stuff (like she just didn't want to cancel her gals night out), but HE can never miss anything important to her, even if its cause of work?

Anyone else here, experience (Or hear from kin/friends) Similar stories??

Or situations like when a guy moves his gf into live with him, and instantly HER STUFF takes over the closet, so HE has to go into another bedroom to get dressed.
Or upon moving his SO in, SHE tosses out HIS Stuff (sometimes literally tossing them out onto the street), so she can move her stuff into the house??

Hearing of stories like that time and time again, and adding in other stuff to the mix; like one from a co-worker who worked NIGHTS religiously, but had to sleep iN THE BASEMENT cause wifey refused to let him put up ANY sort of window blinds/curtains in the bedroom. Then other stores, such as one man i knew who did the date scene, asking 5 separate gals in one of those 'date meet ups', if a wife wants something, but a husband needs something that would prevent wife getting what she wants - practically ALL the gals he asked said "WELL his need just has to take a back seat to her want"..
It makes me wonder, WHY so many guys get married?

User avatar
Halaster-Blackcloak
Knight
Knight
Posts: 1416

Re: OT - Valentine's woes..

Post#2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:54 pm

That's precisely why so many men are NOT getting married. Too many psychotic feminist bitches out there who are deranged. Sad but true. I saw an article linked to Drudge a few weeks ago, where men are deciding to buy freaking sex dolls because they prefer not to have to deal with the crazy shit women are giving them. Unreal. I always tell people...find a good woman. If it takes time, take the time. Don't settle for a bitch. One of my oldest friends did that. Married a psycho Nazi and she ruled his life. If he wanted to meet up for lunch and catch up on old times (I've known him since kindergarten!), it's like planning an affair! 8O Oh, I can't go there, my wife goes there sometimes. Oh, can't meet there, it's too close to our neighborhood. He can't even meet an old friend for lunch! They've been married for over 20 years now, and not last Xmas but he Xmas before he called me in a suicidal depression because he thought she was cheating on him and the marriage was over. He sleeps on the couch downstairs. A pathetically sad state of affairs.

Sorry ladies. I'm king of the castle. Period. You can be the queen, but I am the KING. Never a peasant. Take it or leave it.

The saddest part is that there are plenty of fine women out there. Men just need to learn to accept only the best, and leave the crazy ones alone.

User avatar
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet
Posts: 1811
Contact:

Re: OT - Valentine's woes..

Post#3 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:28 pm

Halaster-Blackcloak wrote:That's precisely why so many men are NOT getting married. Too many psychotic feminist bitches out there who are deranged. Sad but true. I saw an article linked to Drudge a few weeks ago, where men are deciding to buy freaking sex dolls because they prefer not to have to deal with the crazy shit women are giving them.


Well, when many women seem to treat men as nothing more than servants, to be ordered around, kicked out of the bedroom, master closet, or to carry her stuff, and must always praise what she does, but dare never critique it, what do they expect??

The saddest part is that there are plenty of fine women out there. Men just need to learn to accept only the best, and leave the crazy ones alone.


Pity it seems most good "Fine" women out there (Beauty wise) are often the most bitchiest..

As i mentioned in the OP, i knew one guy, who the NIGHT he moved his GF into his place, came back from work to find all HIS furniture moved out onto the sidewalk, all HIS clothes tossed down into the basement, cause SHE MOVED all her stuff in, and literally took OVER THE master bedroom.. And when he tried to boot HER out, she smacked her head into the wall three times, then threatened to call the cops on HIM FOR domestic violence, if he even tried it... 8O 8O Luckily he got back on her, when SHE went to work, he just tossed all HER stuff out, then changed the locks on the doors...

I also knew another guy, military so was moving all the time, who made a deal with his wife that they agreed to IN THEIR wedding vows.. For as long as they were military, and thus HE would be moving HER around for HIS work, SHE got the final say on the place they would live in.
BUT ONCE He got out, and ONLY IF they had to then start moving other places for HER work (assuming she even had one), HE WOULD then get the final say. The very first move after they retied was for HER getting a job down in New zealand (Xray operator at a hospital), and she practically started divorce paperwork right there, when he wanted one house that was BOTH IN BUDGET and close to her work, but lacked one thing SHE demanded (a white kitchen).. all cause he USED the agreed upon final decision from their bloody vows..

User avatar
Halaster-Blackcloak
Knight
Knight
Posts: 1416

Re: OT - Valentine's woes..

Post#4 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:42 am

It's all the societal propaganda that's destroying our culture. I study these things intently. I'll probably cover this in my PhD thesis at some point.

Look at shows back in the day. The Brady Bunch. Father Knows Best. TV show portrayed men as competent, skilled, well-kept, and wise. Today it's the opposite. Shows like King of Queens. Nowadays, the father is not is not shown as someone to be looked up to, respected, or emulated. Instead, men are fat slobs, stupid, lazy, dirty. I have a few friends with whom I joke around about this. In so many tv shows, movies, etc., mom is a supermodel who can cook and do interior decorating and keep the house looking like a showroom without even a part time maid to help, all while she's also working in some prestigious job. I always say (imitating one of the children in one of these shows):

"This is my mom. She's an interior decorator and also an architect, so she decorated our showroom home after she designed and built it. She's a professional chef as well, and manages to balance her family time with her research work as a PhD in virology while pursuing her Nobel Prize. That guy there? Oh, he's my sperm donor. Sometimes we call him dad. He's handy to have around when we need to kill a spider, if we can get him off his fat lazy ass and away from football game long enough to handle it."

:roll:

I can give example after example. Men are portrayed as fat, useless, emasculated cucks who offer nothing other than being sperm donors, which begs the question of just how these losers manage to marry supermodels with PhDs! :roll:

Make no mistake, the powers that be use the media as propaganda to brainwash the masses. I could get into another thing about commercials on tv that I have documented over the years. I can't really get into it though because it touches on sensitive issues of race. Suffice it to say that many friends of mine have at first said "Oh, you're insane! That's not true". But after challenging them to look at the evidence they walk away with that deer-in-the-headlights look, saying "Holy shit, you weren't joking!"

Yes, I do my research.

User avatar
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Knight
Knight
Posts: 1524
Contact:

Re: OT - Valentine's woes..

Post#5 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:03 am

LoL, you guys are bang on. It's a ton of brainwashing going on that for certain. I have plenty of friends who are married to crazy bitches, or people that never allow them ANY freedom. It's super sad.

My own marriage is pretty weird to. My wife is a career woman, works super hard, but when she comes home there definitely no interest in me, or how my day went. I've been a house dad for 7 straight years, but still managed to do work on the side and now that I moved, I'm full time as well. My wife promised to take on her share once we moved, but clearly she doesn't want to, or ignores things allot because she is exhausted from her work (which I can appreciate very much, it's a super stressful job).. yet it seems automatically expected that I cook, clean, occupy the kids, work, do all the yard work, maintain everything else possible.

My wife doesn't make me sleep downstairs or on a couch etc like in your examples above, but I choose to sleep elsewhere because we don't have anything to talk about, don't like the same TV shows, don't have anything in common etc. I sleep downstairs because I'm also a lite sleeper, she's not.

The only time we seem to talk and get along well is on extravagant holidays (which we try and do 2 or 3 times a year).

It's really sad, but that's how most relationships work nowadays. However like Hal pointed out, I'm the king, she's the queen and we are both stubborn. We get along, we make due and our kids want for nothing.

As a couple we always talk about things when it really starts bothering us... but NEITHER of of us give a shit about Valentines Day :lol:
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons

User avatar
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet
Posts: 1811
Contact:

Re: OT - Valentine's woes..

Post#6 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:33 pm

Halaster-Blackcloak wrote:It's all the societal propaganda that's destroying our culture. I study these things intently. I'll probably cover this in my PhD thesis at some point.

Look at shows back in the day. The Brady Bunch. Father Knows Best. TV show portrayed men as competent, skilled, well-kept, and wise. Today it's the opposite. Shows like King of Queens. Nowadays, the father is not is not shown as someone to be looked up to, respected, or emulated. Instead, men are fat slobs, stupid, lazy, dirty. I have a few friends with whom I joke around about this. In so many tv shows, movies, etc., mom is a supermodel who can cook and do interior decorating and keep the house looking like a showroom without even a part time maid to help, all while she's also working in some prestigious job. I always say (imitating one of the children in one of these shows):


That's assuming they even HAVE a 'father figure' in the show... With the prevalence of shows these days to be both fathers, both mothers, or single moms with a gay friend or three, actual "FATHERS are rare"..

Halaster-Blackcloak wrote:I I could get into another thing about commercials on tv that I have documented over the years. I can't really get into it though because it touches on sensitive issues of race. Suffice it to say that many friends of mine have at first said "Oh, you're insane! That's not true". But after challenging them to look at the evidence they walk away with that deer-in-the-headlights look, saying "Holy shit, you weren't joking!"

Yes, I do my research.


It does certainly seem that men in general, in commercials are dolts, incompetent buffoons etc, while women are always the smart, common sense having, right on the money ones..
HELL if society mirrored what tv shows and adverts portray men as, we'd have been doomed years ago..

Cole wrote:It's really sad, but that's how most relationships work nowadays. However like Hal pointed out, I'm the king, she's the queen and we are both stubborn. We get along, we make due and our kids want for nothing.

As a couple we always talk about things when it really starts bothering us... but NEITHER of of us give a shit about Valentines Day :lol:


If the relationship is that bad, why are you still married?? is it just cause of the kids?

User avatar
Halaster-Blackcloak
Knight
Knight
Posts: 1416

Re: OT - Valentine's woes..

Post#7 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:11 am

Garhkal wrote:

That's assuming they even HAVE a 'father figure' in the show... With the prevalence of shows these days to be both fathers, both mothers, or single moms with a gay friend or three, actual "FATHERS are rare"..


So very true! The traditional, nuclear family is something people look down on now, as if there's something wrong with it. Someone I "debated" (more like spanked the sh!t out of! :roll: ) on another forum once said that he can't watch classics like the Brady Bunch, Happy Days, etc. because (and I quote) "they're not dark enough". :roll: I told him that sane people don't watch "entertainment" that, when it's over, causes them to feel like going to confession, then taking a shower to wash the filth off themselves.

And this "two mommies" nonsense is starting to get on my nerves too! And now geneticists have produced the first Franken-baby with the DNA of 3 people. Unreal.

It does certainly seem that men in general, in commercials are dolts, incompetent buffoons etc, while women are always the smart, common sense having, right on the money ones..
HELL if society mirrored what tv shows and adverts portray men as, we'd have been doomed years ago..


It's disturbing how men have become emasculated cucks in the movies and tv shows to the point where many men believe that's how they should be. Soy Boys. 110 lb. grown "men" walking around in skinny jeans carrying man-purses. We really need that emoticon for banging your head against the wall. And then you get these men who, when you speak with them about crime, terrorism, etc. - they respond with some wishy-washy nonsense about "understanding" the perpetrators and not wanting to be judgmental.

Army Command Sgt. Maj. John Wayne Troxell, the senior enlisted adviser in the Pentagon, recently said:

“ISIS needs to understand that the Joint Force is on orders to annihilate them. So, they have two options should they decide to come up against the United States, our allies and partners: surrender or die! HOWEVER, if they choose not to surrender, then we will kill them with extreme prejudice, whether that be through security force assistance, by dropping bombs on them, shooting them in the face, or beating them to death with our entrenching tools. Regardless, they cannot win, so they need to choose how it’s going to be.”

Great attitude, and damn are we lucky to have him serving our country! Wish I could buy him dinner. And how did the cucked men on the left respond? They whined because he was speaking "inappropriately" and cried a river over how horrible the man was. Funny, I never hear those worthless, emasculated pieces of dog turd whine about ISIS setting children on fire or drowning them in cages. Frankly, if I were giving the orders, our troops would absolutely kill every single captured terrorist by beating them to death with their shovels. And I'd televise it!

I'm creating the curriculum for a class I'm going to be teaching. I want to turn out warriors who, when there's an active shooter or terrorist in the area, do not run away. I want them to run towards the attacker and fire 3-4 shots center of mass - which is now defined as an area the size of a playing card glued to the center of the face. Literally blow his head off, then two anchoring shots once he's down (i.e. shoot him in the head again!). The class is going to show actual footage of ISIS executing people (shooting them in the face with shotguns - pretty gruesome) and active shooter footage. Those who can stomach it and get through the class will be the kind of men who go out and kill the bad guy instead of whining about how offended they are by combat.

User avatar
garhkal
Baronet
Baronet
Posts: 1811
Contact:

Re: OT - Valentine's woes..

Post#8 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:18 am

Another thing that ignores me is when it comes to kids.. I see a # of adverts or parts of shows/films/books or just story after story from friends/co-workers etc, where fathers practically have to debase themselves, like say getting dressed up in princess costumes, putting on make up, being the back half of horses, etc ALL to please the daughters ("A true man does anything to please his daughter")..
Then you have "father-daughter dances", take your daughter to work days and the like.
BUT where's the stuff for sons?

User avatar
Halaster-Blackcloak
Knight
Knight
Posts: 1416

Re: OT - Valentine's woes..

Post#9 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:11 pm

You mean like the new blue Easy Bake Over to encourage boys to play with girls' toys? :roll: Or that ad with the 7 years old boy holding a Barbie doll and lisping: "Moschino Barbie is fierce!". Target stopped splitting their toy department into boys and girls toys. They''re "gender neutral". :roll:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests