Lurkers must sign up now to visit our additional forums. Please register today and enjoy our endless banter.

SOLD! - Moving to New D&D Country (Red Deer)

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Stik, Cole

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Knight
Knight

SOLD! - Moving to New D&D Country (Red Deer)

Post#1 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:30 pm

Finally sold my home. Took me 3 months almost exactly.... boy I didn't think it was going to ever happen. I live in a super hot market and it seemed everyone's houses were selling but mine. But finally today someone finally put in an offer I could deal with and it worked out great for both parties. So I'm off to Red Deer Alberta where it's -30 degrees and can freeze my balls off now :)

but I'll have almost no mortgage and can really make hay fast there!

Whooooo!

If anyone here lives in Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer or that vicinity let me know as I'm going to be recruiting new players asap to fit into my new P&P lifestyle. I have 1 player from Calgary already dying to play! :D
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons

Halaster-Blackcloak
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Re: SOLD! - Moving to New D&D Country (Red Deer)

Post#2 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:10 am

Congratulations, Cole!

Now send some of that Canadian snow down to the Chicago area! :thumbs:

I'm sick of the last 3 years being nearly snow-less. :evil:

RPG Dinosaur
Artisan
Artisan

Post#3 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Hope the move goes smoothly and Good Luck on your new adventure. :bye:
_Matt_

garhkal
Lord
Lord

Post#4 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:04 pm

Hope all goes up well in Cannuck land Cole..

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Knight
Knight

Post#5 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:41 pm

Cheers thanks guys. I'll be very occupied with this move from now until Jan 20th or so, so please take care of new people to the site guys and if you need something done admin wise "stik" is your man ;)

I'll get on when I can though as I'm going to buy a house with the ultimate D&D game room and I'm stoked to finally get to paint it as I like :)

garhkal
Lord
Lord

Post#6 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:20 am

Have fun and hope your move goes smoothly!!

As a slightly political related q.. I know when i was down in MS, i was required by law to get a housing inspection, before i could sign off on purchasing a house.. Do they require them up in canada, or is it a "At the buyer's whim"???

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Knight
Knight

Post#7 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:44 am

Here it's the buyer's choice to get a home inspection (unless their bank demands it, which allot do) however you can inspect the home yourself if you like ;)

Most of the time people drop $400 and have a certified inspector review the home (like I will), but tons of people just inspect themselves and save $400 like the people did that just bought my home :)