Lurkers must sign up now to visit our additional forums. Please register today and enjoy our endless banter. Instant access as of March 2019!

Mother in Laws

PlanetADnD's general chat area. Post freely in here about all non D&D related topics. Share your daily thoughts, but please keep any profanity to a minimum. *NOTE* ALL religious and/or political topics will be deleted on sight if they are not related to D&D.

Moderators: Cole, Stik

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Knight
Knight

Mother in Laws

Post#1 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:33 am

Well, always got along with my ma-in-law until yesterday.

She came to stay the night and help me with all the organization of the millions of toys are kids have to put in a yard sale in May. Everything was going fine until she brought over a pressure washer (which i love) and told me to go an wash the drive way, deck etc. I was more then happy to do so. So 24 hours later when she came back, she asked me why I didn't do the driveway and I told her I did.... went over it 3 times as a matter a fact. Then then proceeded to tell me "no you didn't". I usually bicker with her at length, but then she got pretty pissed off at me and proceeded to call me a liar.

At that point I said, hey, ask my wife (your daughter) what I did, she stood there and fuckin watched me do it. She then implied that we were both liars and that she's gonna do it if I didn't do it again. I simply replied "grandma, it's time for you to go home" Then she packed up her shit and left.

I was so angry at her. I didn't think my mom could ever make me that mad. :x

Anyway, found out that calling me a liar is something that really pisses me off. My wife came home from work later and promptly said "this is why I don't invite her over". :roll:
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons

Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Re: Mother in Laws

Post#2 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:11 am

Mother in laws are that ball and chain often depicted around the mans leg in jokes about marriage. Sounds like she doesn't know her place to me Cole. Time to set grandma strait bra.
A king without a sword, the land without a king!

Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant

Post#3 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:28 pm

*cough* not to be a grammar Nazi but it is technically mothers-in-law

Dear god what has this English class done to me

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Knight
Knight

Post#4 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:35 pm

Shush Crazey! Your grammar is terrible in general, I'm aloud to be terrible, it's my site :) :freak:

Anyways, she just phoned me and asked me to come up and plumb in their new fridge. She tried getting me to come today and I was like... ummm, no thanks, I'll do it Sunday when I told you I would... but perhaps that's a lie. :moon:'s grandma

Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post#5 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:20 pm

Cole wrote:Shush Crazey! Your grammar is terrible in general, I'm aloud to be terrible, it's my site :) :freak:

Anyways, she just phoned me and asked me to come up and plumb in their new fridge. She tried getting me to come today and I was like... ummm, no thanks, I'll do it Sunday when I told you I would... but perhaps that's a lie. :moon:'s grandma

So it's "you are a no good liar" one minute and "come plumb my fridge" the next?
Facepalm! Not me Jack. I'd be like "you need to hire a plumber or electrician mom, I am likely to screw it up and lie about it, right"? :fu:
I used to have some in-law issues bitd, but after I told old pappy "I'd smash in his grill" the in-laws have been very civil ever since. Go figure eh?

Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant

Post#6 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:26 pm

Hahaha try being married to your step mums daughter I catch hell no matter which way ya look at it

Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post#7 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:33 pm

Crasez58 wrote:Hahaha try being married to your step mums daughter I catch hell no matter which way ya look at it

hold the phone: You married your step sister?

Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant

Post#8 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:45 pm

I was married to her first my mother in law became my step mother about two years ago
What can I say I live in the sticks

Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post#9 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:09 pm

Crasez58 wrote:I was married to her first my mother in law became my step mother about two years ago

Gotcha man. No judgement on my end. :wink:

Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant

Post#10 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:33 pm

Lol don't bother me

Stik
Master Scribe
Master Scribe
Marshall
Marshall

Post#11 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:29 pm

There's an old song about a man who marries a widow. Then the man's father marries the widow's adult daughter.
So now his stepdaughter is his father's wife, making her his stepmother.
His wife is his father's mother-in-law, which makes her his grandmother.
And, because he is his grandmother's husband, he is his own grandfather.
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster
Knight
Knight

Post#12 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:37 pm

Crasez58 wrote:I was married to her first my mother in law became my step mother about two years ago

:rotf:

fuck, that makes me feel soooo much better! :lol:

I'd go :hang: myself ... hahaha

Brightmantle
Town Crier
Town Crier
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post#13 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:04 am

Stik wrote:There's an old song about a man who marries a widow. Then the man's father marries the widow's adult daughter.
So now his stepdaughter is his father's wife, making her his stepmother.
His wife is his father's mother-in-law, which makes her his grandmother.
And, because he is his grandmother's husband, he is his own grandfather.

This ones for you Crazez so you can sing along! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VxLQZPqI2M

Crasez58
Merchant
Merchant

Post#14 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:38 am

yea my brother in law has gotten my daughter to call me uncle daddy.

cole- its even worse cause until i can get out of school we are stuck living with them
:sucks: its a fuckin powder keg :bash:

doomer
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post#15 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:05 pm

You guys have it easy. My wife's parents are divorced and remarried. I get to have 2 mothers-in-law.
--Doomer
"Trying is the first step in failure"-Homer Simpson