Please Donate - Help Keep PADnD Running!

Here you can post topics concerning your own personal D&D campaign worlds. Let others critique your work, or share your own opinions about other members creations. If you have an extensive amount of your world to contribute, please feel free to ask for your own specialty forum.

Moderators: Cole, Stik, Brightmantle

Please Donate - Help Keep PADnD Running!

Postby Cole » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:57 pm

Hello everyone,

It's come to the point finally that I need to ask for a little help. This site has been running for almost 20 years now and I haven't asked for a cent, but with a horrible year behind me at work and a very low income, I need to find a way to keep PlanetADnD.com alive and ensure the site stays on a properly hosted server.

If anyone here can, please use the "donate" button on the homepage of the website (near the top right - center column above the news) to send us a donation. We quite literally don't need much, but for the price of a starbucks coffee YOU can help keep this site running. Anything would be appreciated.

We also started a Patreon oage now for those who want to donate, but care not for PayPal.
https://www.patreon.com/padnd

Thankyou

Cole ~ Owner of PlanetADnD.com (padnd.com)

* end infomercial *
The Borg of Dungeons & Dragons
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Favorite D&D Edition: 1st Edition

Re: Please Donate - Help Keep PADnD Running!

Postby TigerStripedDog » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:44 am

Cole,

Hope my donation helps bud. You run a great site, and even though I am not super active, I want to do what I can.

Tiger
*unreadable scribble*
TigerStripedDog
Merchant
Merchant

Favorite D&D Edition: 5th Edition

Postby garhkal » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:02 pm

Where are you located at?? I am boycotting paypal, and thus for me to donate, i would need to say do a western union or other method..
garhkal
Lord
Lord

Postby LadyWinterWolf » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:46 pm

As much as I wish I could, 2016 has been a horrendous year for us. We're barely holding on ourselves, and can only hope that 2017 will be a boon for us once again.
Long live the Witch Queen!!!
LadyWinterWolf
Freeman
Freeman

Favorite D&D Edition: 2nd Edition

Postby supertitus » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:32 am

Cole,
I have been where you are, many times. I think I can help. A couple of weeks ago I asked permission to use the Mudman image for a book I am writing. Assuming that you have rights to the image, what if I offer to license it, instead? I could pay you much more than a couple of Starbucks. Let me know if that works.
supertitus
Peasant
Peasant

Postby Cole » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:22 pm

I can't license anything I don't own supertitus. The only thing I own the rights to on PADnD is the site, the domain and the content freely submitted to our database that the original owners have freely submitted as per our policies. ALL official D&D logo's, artwork and content are owned by Wizards of the Coast.
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Cole » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:26 pm

Thanks for the kind donations EVERYONE thus far. We have a few new campaign ads coming soon, a great youtube channel sponsor now and a few donations that really help out. We have over a year now of pre-paid server hosting. Any further donations will simply go to domain fees and site upgrades as required.

ANYTHING and EVERY cent donated goes back into this site. :)

Thankyou everyone for your support. :up:
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby garhkal » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:20 am

Thanks for linking that patroning site. I will sign up to it tomorrow to make a donation!
garhkal
Lord
Lord

Postby garhkal » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:59 am

After reading that patreon site, it seems you need to have a 'token' from either Paypal or a similar site, Snipes, to use it.. I will give that snipes site a read to see if it is in anyway like paypal...

BUT if i see it being similar, is there a way to donate some other way, like maybe mailing you a cashiers check?
garhkal
Lord
Lord

Postby Cole » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:21 am

Please share your troubles with PayPal gar, I'm interested on why you're boycotting them. I have been using PayPal for everything for years now. I pay ALL of my Ebay payments, my kids sports bills, my kids lunches, a host of other online purchases. I actually have a personal rule of IF they don't use PayPal on the site I'm buying from, I DON'T buy.

I simply won't buy without that option as I like the guaranteed refund in FULL of my money with a simple complaint. I personally have never had any issues with PayPal... well ever.

Share your experiences :)
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby garhkal » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:22 pm

Its mostly politics. Plus some of my good friends got burned by them, cause THEY were using Paypal to try and raise money for someone else's defense fund cause he got arrested at a political event (won't say when), and Paypal said "Sorry you can't use our site for this"..
garhkal
Lord
Lord

Postby Cole » Tue May 16, 2017 2:30 pm

Fair enough... I just pretty pissed off to and put up walls :lol: just ask my wife :funky:

Anything helps ... I'm having a great month and have stabilized this account for the near future. But like I said, anything donated to this site ... is used for this site. Thanks everyone!

Hope everything gets better for everyone :)
Cole
Webmaster
Webmaster

Return to Homebrew Worlds - General