Lurkers must sign up now to visit our additional forums. Please register today and enjoy our endless banter. Instant access as of March 2019!

Mephs' 3D Printed Terrain & Minis

Discuss any non D&D roleplaying topics here.

Moderators: Stik, Brightmantle

Meph
Peddler
Peddler

Mephs' 3D Printed Terrain & Minis

Post#1 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:09 pm

So I have been 3D printing terrain for years now. I have backed a lot of different kickstarters and I love Printable Scenery's stuff. I just backed their latest kickstarter and went all in on it as well as a bunch of addon stuff. The kickstarter is below and you can see all of the stretch goals and addons. The first video shows this kickstarter and the other 2 are the castle and dungeon addons I backed. I missed them the first time around. It ended up costing me $255 for everything but that is much less than what Dwarven Forge stuff would cost and I can print all I want. Later I will add to the thread and share some of the stuff I already have. I have printed a lot of stuff in the last couple years.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/printablescenery/dwarves-elves-and-demons?ref=user_menu

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xa3mWYQH8c4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x2amUMWs7AU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

[youtube]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GT9yXE06N3s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

Meph
Peddler
Peddler

Re: Mephs' 3D Printed Terrain & Minis

Post#2 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:53 am

Time to get painting all the minis I have sitting around.

Here is some of my backlog.

JadedDM
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post#3 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:04 pm

Whoa, hey, just how many beholder minis do you need? 8O

If my DM felt he needed at least five separate beholder figs, I'd be worried. :lol:

Meph
Peddler
Peddler

Post#4 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:36 pm

Nah it's all about Variety. I like to paint stuff with different color schemes. Below is the one i have already painted so I will have 6 total. I plan to do one in a traditional purple color scheme and one as a zombie beholder.

RPG Dinosaur
Merchant
Merchant

Post#5 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:38 am

Very nicely done on the Beholder.
_Matt_

garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post#6 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:31 pm

Also, with some of the beholder variants in 2e, you can have a gaggle of them to face..

Meph
Peddler
Peddler

Post#7 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:34 pm

The Wife got me some new paints for Christmas so I can get painting all this stuff I keep picking up.

garhkal
Baronet
Baronet

Post#8 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:37 pm

Nice wife.. Did she also buy any of those figures?

Meph
Peddler
Peddler

Post#9 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:09 pm

Going to try and clear my entire backlog of minis. Will take a while but I am hoping to do at least some painting every night. Here are my last 2 nights. Reaper Knight and Reaper Orc Marauder.

Meph
Peddler
Peddler

Post#10 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:05 pm

Did a couple new ones last night and a couple more this morning.

Meph
Peddler
Peddler

Post#11 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:28 am

Lukafio
Artisan
Artisan

Post#12 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:58 am

Alrightie ... I know some of you have been doing more of this during the past year, and some of you have started. So why not share what you have and your tips.

I did a few but they're not D&D related in any way. I can tell that I have been very out of practice, as in decades.

What do you all have going on? :pop:
:mage "Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?"